Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Looks like spring Box

DSC03823 

Images Copyright 1990-2008 Stampin' UP!

 

Ok this is my first post with a project so here goes

I love these little boxes and usually do one at all my workshops they are so easy and look fab.

All you need is an A4 sheet of card stock, I have used Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue from the Soft Subtle's range.

In my stampin' around jumbo roller I used Certainly Celery ink on both boxes and used the Bodacious wheel to roll across the card stock before making up the box.

I then scored the box at 2 1/2 inch from the long side and 4 1/2 inch from short end. Fold these score lines both ways using your bone folder to make nice crisp folds.

Next we need to make a couple of folds. This is really hard to describe but here goes you need to fold the long sides into the centre and create a valley fold by matching up the folded edges. You should end up with four folds coming out from the join of the 4 1/2 and 2 1/2 inch folds. I will try and take a photo of this so you can see.

Now just bring all together and you have a wee box.

Next I Stamped the large flower from the looks like spring set onto whisper white card. For the blue box I used Certainly celery ink and rolled the edges in Bashful blue in before stamping it. That is how you get that little bit of blue on the ends of the petals. Pretty cool isn't it. I did the same with the little flower. For the Certainly celery box I used Tempting Turquoise ink onto Whisper whit then rolled it in Brocade blue. I then added a little 2 way glue pen to the ends of the petals and sprinkled with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I also added some glitter to the flowers I had rolled on the box earlier.

Next I added some 2 way glue to a silver brad (split pin to all you NZers) and dipped that in the glitter too. Using my piercing tool I put the two flowers together placed them on the box then stabbed them and joined them together with the brad.

Now add some Certainly celery or Tempting turquoise ribbon and you are all done, Oh and don't forget to put a little treat in the box first.

All supplies are available from me. I can do online orders and can send orders anywhere in the country. e-mail louhopman@xtra.co.nz

To view the current Stampin' UP! catalogue view To view the Stampin' Up! catalogue click here

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin