Sunday, December 14, 2014

Candy Cane Dip

Those who know me know I am an avid Pinterest follower, so… when asked to make 70 gifts for the Sunday school teachers this year that was my first stop. 

I came across a Pin for Candy cane dip that looked amazing. Only problem, we live in NZ and the Marshmallow cream is very difficult to buy and very expensive so…. I figured out how to make my own.

Candy cane dip

So here is my recipe ;

Candy cane dip

  • 2 Packet (500g) Cream cheese
  • 3 egg whites
  • 500g Light corn syrup/liquid glucose
  • 2 cups of Icing sugar (sifted)
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 12 crushed candy canes

Beat cream cheese until soft.

Marshmallow Cream

Gently warm the corn syrup so it is easy to pour but not too hot.

In a large bowl of an electric mixer, beat egg whites until starting to foam add corn syrup, and salt.

Using your electric mixer on high speed, mix for approximately 5 minutes or until the mixture is thick and volume has almost doubled.

Reduce your mixer to low speed, add icing sugar and mix until well blended. Add vanilla extract.

Take a couple of large tablespoons of your marshmallow and add to the cream cheese. Gently fold through adding more marshmallow as you go.

Be careful to fold the mix not to stir it as you will loose volume in your marshmallow.

At the end add your crushed candy canes and fold through.

I have some large piping bags that I put my mix into and then piped it into my jars, much easier than trying to spoon it in.

You will need to store in fridge as the cream cheese needs to be chilled.

Hope you enjoy

Louise

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin