Thursday, September 15, 2011

School Art Auction Project

I just had to show you all what I have been working on this week. This has been fun to make, all be it a bit fiddly and time consuming.

We have a school art auction on Monday night and this is my contribution, although I am a little/a lot reluctant to hand it over. Might end up buying it back!

It is an Accordion mock book. All hand made with the just retired Love letters papers. Will try and make another in the next few weeks with some of our lovely new papers.

021 (2)

I have created this with a mixture of Whisper white, Very vanilla, Cherry Cobbler & Riding hood Red. I have sponged with Chocolate chip, Sahara sand & Cherry Cobbler.

The Lovely butterflies on the front have been cut with the Beautiful Butterflies Die on the Big Shot (Love my Big Shot!). I then embossed them with the Vintage Wallpaper Textured Impressions embossing folder, and sponged the edges with Cherry cobbler ink. The large butterfly and the small one are cut out of the Lovely letters Papers.

001 (2)This is the inside. I love the little rolled roses, the big one has a little pearl inside. I gathered the Victoria Crochet trim to put around my quote. I had a couple of butterfly halves left after I cut my big butterflies for the front, so, I thought I would use them on the inside. I used my new Scallop Trim border as a  frame, then added some bling to the corners.

002 (2)

004

I love these Beautiful wings embosslits folders, they cut and emboss at the same time!005

007I used my left over butterfly halves to add some interest to the sides.011

These rolled roses are made from just screwing up a variety of circles and just layering them.012

019020 (2)025026027

I thought I needed to add some interest to the corners of my frame, and I needed to disguise the corner a little. So I added some Rhinestones in decreasing sizes to them.

Well that is todays project I hope you enjoyed seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it.

Happy Crafting

Louise

5 comments:

Alison said...

What a lovely project with all the detail in it.

Trina Leeson said...

Stunning! You have done a great job and I can see why you would be reluctant to hand it over ;)

Trina Leeson said...

Stunning! I can see why you were reluctant to hand it over ;)

Nicky S said...

just smashing!love the detail.want to see more.Nicky S

Nicky S said...

Just smashing,love all the detail!Tfs. Nicky S

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin